Friday, November 11, 2011

Less Candy Equals More Fun

Halloween Fun for everyone!!!

Whoah! I just realized it's been almost a month since I last posted a blog. Well, it's been an interesting month for sure. Full of good times and struggles, but mostly good times. October got off to a great start with the Walk 2 End Alzheimer's. I continue to stay strong with the help of Josh and Alex's Track 2 Transformation boot camp on Saturday mornings. The fact that the cost has been lowered to $10 makes it that much better. Keeping up with my food journal has been the key to keeping my weight loss efforts successful. I am committed to writing everything down. No matter what. If I go crazy and eat five candy bars (no worries, I haven't) that gets journaled. I have to be honest with myself or this won't work.
Excited Trick-or-Treaters, Randy and Arianna (Spiderman and Spidergirl).
This Halloween, I dressed as FBI Technical Analyst, Penelope Garcia from the show Criminal Minds. My hubby loved my costume!
Less than two weeks ago, we celebrated Halloween. Candy candy candy...Right? WRONG! In past years, I would buy several bags of candy in preparation for Trick-or-Treaters and just to have extra candy on hand for my own personal stash. This year, I made the decision to not buy any candy. My son, Anthony, and I went out with my friend, Natalie, and my niece and nephew, Arianna and Randy. Our fun that evening was centered around getting dressed up in costumes and driving around town hunting for Halloween events. Not candy. Now, of course, the kids did collect a small amount of candy, but I was not at all tempted to indulge. My son gave me one small Tootsie Roll out of his bag. That was the extent of my Halloween feast. Therefore, I was able to lose 1.4 pounds. That's the best Treat ever! 
This was me last Halloween and about 36 pounds heavier.

Check out my latest weight loss vlog...

No comments:

Post a Comment