Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Who Is This Motivated Girl? I Like Her!

Alex Respess, me and the fabulous Courtney Crozier.

Since beginning my weight loss journey in April, I have committed myself to getting active. No more lounging on the couch and daydreaming of what could be done, but actually getting up and doing it. Surprisingly, over the past five months I have found that I actually like exercising. When I am unable to workout I feel disappointed. What is happening here? Who is this person? It's ME! I am changing for the better and I love it!

Our group shot from boot camp 9-3-11.

This past Saturday I tried out a new boot camp class called Track 2 Transformation. Alex Respess from Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition has teamed up with a personal trainer named Josh Rohr to offer this class to people in the Atlanta, GA metro area. I've included the link to their Facebook page so please check it out. T2TBootcamp Track 2 Transformation is offered every Saturday at 8:30am and 10am, and the cost is $15 per session. I not only got a great workout, but I had a lot of fun as well. Alex was very down to Earth and patient with all of us. He worked us out hard without having to be a bully. Josh Rohr was not at the class when I went, so I was not able to meet him and see what his training style is like, but I'm sure he is great. We did, however, have a special guest. Courtney Crozier, from The Biggest Loser 11, (Alex's girlfriend) was there to offer her support. Courtney is still recovering from her recent surgery, so she was unable to work out with us. She kept pacing around while we were exercising. You could tell she so wanted to join us. After the class, we took pictures and I had the delightful treat of getting to chat with Courtney. I must say that she is a total doll! Courtney is so genuinely kind and so easy to talk to. She really encouraged me. Love her!
We had a blast! Can't wait to do the class again!

Boot camp was a great way to start the month of September! I am also participating in a fitness challenge to raise money for charity. My friend, Jase Davila, started a project in August call Get Up Give Back. Each month he selects two Twitter friends to commit to exercising as many days as they can during the month that they are assigned. For each day the friend reports their exercise to Jase, he pays $2.50 to the charity of the friends choice. At the end of the month Jase tallies up the days of exercise and donates the total amount to the predetermined charities. Which ever charity earns the highest amount, Jase will match it to double the donation. My friend Christa Diehl and I will be the participants for September. I have chosen the Alzheimer Association for my charity. We are gonna rock this!

The most awesome Jase Davila. Give Up Give Back!
At the conclusion of the Get Up Give Back challenge, I will be walking in a 5k on October 1st to support the Alzheimer's Association. I've included the link to my donation page, if anyone wants to join the cause. Walk To End Alzheimer's-Theresa's Page


As you can see, I am definitely keeping myself busy while waiting to hear if I get selected for The Biggest Loser 13. My journey has kicked into high gear and I am truly transforming; physically and mentally. I am no longer the same person I was five months ago. I'm staying on this path to health and fitness. No turning back!

From April to September: 32 pounds lighter and noticably smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment