Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Nothing Says Inches Lost, Like Denim Sweatpants

What are denim sweatpants, you ask? Denim sweatpants is the affectionate name I've given my size 22 jeans. In March when I applied for The Biggest Loser this pair of pants fit me like a glove. Now they're baggy and I must wear a belt to keep them up properly. Wouldn't want to get caught sporting a "sag" in the wrong company! Lol! As I lose weight, it's getting more and more challenging to find clothes to wear in my closet. This is a great problem to have, but I'm really going to have to break down and go shopping soon...oh darn (slight sarcasm).

Me, modeling my denim "sweatpants."

All kidding aside, this brings me to the subject for today...Visual Aids. For so many of us, who are trying to lose weight, it can get hard to see our progress by simply looking at the scale or in the mirror. Obviously, we see ourselves everyday and even though our bodies are transforming, the changes are subtle and hard to notice. Visual aids are a fun way to help us see how far we've come on our weight loss journey, and keep us motivated. My visual aids consist of photographs, videos, my Motivation Board and periodically trying on my old "fat" clothes/new "skinny" clothes.

This is my most awesome Motivation Board. Each month I'll add a new photo, so I can see myself shrink.


Unfortunately, it's easy to get discouraged on this journey. The key to success is staying positive and not giving up, even if you have a bad day and eat a whole bag of cookies. Write it in your food journal (if you keep one, and I highly recommend it) and get back on plan. Let your visual aids remind you of your awesomeness. What do you use as a visual aid? Let me know in the comments section, and feel free to use any of my ideas.

To quote the wicked witch from The Wizard of Oz, "I'm meeeeeeeelting!" The witch wasn't too happy to be melting, but I am loving it! Check out my latest weight loss update video below.





2 comments:

  1. Your are melting those ponds away like a true warrior! I love the Motivational Board, what an excellent idea and reward at the same time in seeing your awesomeness & deliverance of your work. I am a big fan in what you are doing and wish more people would stand up for them selves and put their health first in such a way as you have...you are an inspiration Trig and I am so very proud of you. Keep up the great work Hot Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa,I'm so proud of you! You are on the way. Can't wait to see you the next time you come to Savannah. Dana Archer

    ReplyDelete